Monday, December 10, 2012

Stories, tales, tall and otherwise...

Welcome to my blog...

My name is Isabella and I am a new Author of Erotic Fiction.
I have recently published two short stories, one a stand alone "Connexions" and the other is the first book in a series called The Quickening and is entitled "Scandalous." The next two in the series, will be coming out in 2013 and are called "Momentum" and "Geminus" respectively.

December 4th 2012 was a WOW day of biblical proportions for me personally. My first novel was published, entitled "One Dom to Love" co-written by Best Selling New York Times Author, Shayla Black and by Author Jenna Jacob.
I can't even begin to express how privileged and thrilled I was to work with both these wonderful, incredible women, and how proud I am to call them friends.
"One Dom to Love" is the first book in The Doms of her Life series and for those chomping at the bit already after finishing this book, you'll be delighted to know that we are already in discussions and planning our writing schedule for Book 2.
Watch this space...

All the above titles are available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, ARE, Kobo, and coming soon to iTunes, who've apparently gone on holiday until next year. laughing Typical.

To say it's been an extraordinary journey thus far would be an understatement...what a rush!
What a thrill to realize dreams and see them go from a seed to fruition.
So for all you aspiring Authors who like me, have a fire inside that burns brightly and demands to be sated by writing... Never give up. You never know what opportunities might just come your way.

In the meantime, for those of you who have short erotic fiction stories they'd like to publish, may I recommend www.hornydevilpublishing.com  A publishing company I am proud to be a part of, as they have certainly done right by me and gone out of there way to be helpful, encouraging and professional at all times. Thanks HDP! You guys are simply amazing.

Writing can be an incredibly lonely business.
For most people, it means sitting down at the computer or picking up a pen and rattling off so many thousands of words. Hoping like crazy that parts of it actually make sense and form a semblance of cohesion that might eventually become a story.
A tiny percentage of people I am told, can do this without any conscious effort whatsoever.
Let's be clear. They are freaks, I mean Fabulous and Genius of course, but freakingly gifted as well.
I am sadly not one of those people. I will sit and twiddle my thumbs, doodle, play solitaire and do anything else except write...until the words are, just there.
Then it's verbal diarrhea. And I tend to just go with it until it's all out, knowing that eventually I'll have to go back rewrite and edit a trillion times before I'm satisfied.

But somewhere in that odd process that happens to me, sometimes, something magical and marvelous happens. If I'm really lucky.
It's like flipping on an imaginary projector in my brain and the story begins to unfold in living color and all I have to do is write it down. Other times it's simply hard work and I actually have to slog away at it.

Nothing defeats the words though.
If they live within you, some way some how they will come out.

I'm still learning and don't have very many answers at all, but I've come to see that once you've written a book and have actually published it, then you have completed only a very small part of the equation. Unless you market yourself, i.e. put yourself out there in the public forum and get readers to actually read the words you've written, you're very likely doomed for obscurity before you've even started.

So it takes courage to write and publish a book. Essentially one has to drop ones drawers in public and give people free license to 'point fingers' and some will. Thankfully though, not everyone feels that way. Others will be thrilled for you, blown away to discover you had it inside you in the first place, let alone had the balls of brass to actually do something constructive about it. They'll lavish you with encouragement and heartfelt praise until you dare to do something rash...like do it all over again. smiles... Like I said at the start, what a rush! 

No comments:

Post a Comment